The Adult Education Department offers a variety of classes for individuals working to improve their skills and knowledge. All classes provided by the Adult Education Department are free to the public. Adult Education classes are offered throughout the year. More information about services provided can be found on-line at www.uaccb.edu or by contacting the Adult Education department.
Below is a listing of classes and testing offered:
- GED Preparation for adults who have not finished high school.
- GED Testing
- Classes in reading, writing, and math for individuals with a high school diploma, but who lack these necessary skills for job advancement or for enrollment in college.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) for adults.
- Customized basic skills training for business and industry.
- Distance Education Program which includes online instruction for students unable to regularly attend traditional classes.
Classes are offered during day and evening hours. Students choose the hours that are most convenient to their family and work schedules. Classes are offered on the UACCB campus and in Cherokee Village at the Choctaw Center; satellite classes are periodically offered in rural locations in Independence and Sharp Counties.
Community and Workforce Education
Community and Workforce Education provides non-credit educational opportunities for residents of the College's service area. More information about services provided can be found on-line at www.uaccb.edu or by contacting the Coordinator of Community Education.
Program areas include:
- Contract Training: Classes arranged with industry and business to meet specific training needs. Classes taught include, but are not limited to: Microsoft Office, Digital Controls, Semi-Conductor, Blueprint Reading, Industry Specific Conversational Spanish and Supervision and Management.
- Professional Development Classes: Non-credit classes offered for the purpose of developing or improving professional skills. Sample courses include: computer courses and small business seminars.
- Personal Enrichment Classes: Non-credit classes taught to enhance skills in language, art, leisure and recreation. Offerings will vary.
- Online Classes: Non-credit classes offered through Education to Go. These courses can be reached through the Community and Workforce Education’s website at www.uaccb.edu.
- Community Service Classes: Free or nominal cost classes for the benefit of the UACCB community. The classes include Child Care Orientation, Hunter Education and Customer Service Workshops.
- Kids' College: A summer enrichment program for children entering grades 1 through 6.