UACCB Operating Procedure 500.2 New Student Orientation
All students enrolling in six (6) or more credit hours as a first-time UACCB student or a re-admitted student who has not attended UACCB within the last five years will be required to attend a New Student Orientation (NSO) session. The following students are excluded from an NSO session:
- High school students
- Lyon College/UACCB Tuition Exchange Collaboration students (TEC)
- Non-degree seeking students
- Students who have obtained 24 or more transferrable college-level hours
- Visiting Students (students enrolled full-time at another institution and taking two or more classes at UACCB)
- Students accepted into specialized programs in which orientation is included
If the required students do not attend New Student Orientation, they will be required to complete a one-credit hour, pass/fail course. This course cannot be dropped unless the student is completely withdrawing from the institution. Questions may be addressed in the Admissions Office.
Any student currently enrolled may choose to attend orientation.