Graduation requirements for students seeking a degree or certificate include:
- Successfully complete all academic coursework, including mandated developmental coursework, with a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 2.0. Certificate of Proficiency candidates must successfully complete all program requirements with a minimum program GPA of 2.0.
- Successful completion of the required number of credits and specified courses required.
- Adhere to the following program requirements:
- Associate Degree: completion of two semesters and a minimum of 24 credit hours) as a student at UACCB.
- *Technical Certificate: completion of the last 15 semester credit hours of the program requirements at UACCB.
- *Certificate of Proficiency: completion of the last 6 semester credit hours of the program requirements at UACCB.
- Satisfaction of all financial responsibilities due to the college.
*These credits must be earned as a regular student rather than by test-out or other means of advanced placement.
Students have 5 years to complete the degree/technical certificate program requirements in the college catalog under which they initially enroll. Students may petition the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs to graduate under a different catalog dated after their initial enrollment. Students may not graduate under a catalog dated before their initial enrollment. Students may petition the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs for permission to extend the maximum time period allowed for their graduation.
Application for Graduation
Students requesting consideration for graduation will meet with their advisor to verify all degree requirements are pending completion. Advisors will submit a Degree Audit Evaluation to the Office of the Director of Student Information/Registrar by the due date each semester.
In certain situations the advisor may, with the approval of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs or his/her designee, allow limited substitution among program requirements. This action must be documented by submitting an approved Substitution/Elective form (or Waiver for Allied Health Programs only.)
It is the responsibility of the student to have submitted transcripts necessary to receive transfer credit and to have completed the process to transcript credit by exam or experience prior to submission of these forms. Through completion of this process, the Office of the Director of Student Information/Registrar is notified of the student’s intent to graduate.
Any Degree Audit Evaluations submitted past the deadline will be processed the following semester. The appropriate award will be prepared once the fulfillment of the graduation requirements is confirmed and all obligations to the college have been completed.
Students who do not complete degree requirements at the end of the semester indicated on the evaluation must have their advisor submit a new evaluation to the Office of the Director of Student Information/Registrar if requirements will be met in future semesters.
There is no graduation application fee.
Graduation with Honors
For the purpose of determining graduation with honors, GPAs will be calculated based on all UACCB coursework. Honor students are recognized at commencement based on cumulative GPA through the fall semester.
Graduation with honors is defined as follows:
- Students achieving a GPA of 3.50 to 3.74 will graduate cum laude;
- Students achieving a GPA of 3.75 to 3.89 will graduate magna cum laude; and
- Students achieving a GPA of 3.90 or above will graduate summa cum laude.
UACCB holds one commencement ceremony each year in May as indicated on the academic calendar. Students wishing to participate must complete a Commencement Application by the second Friday of February for the academic year.
Diplomas are mailed to students after the semester in which they successfully complete all program requirements. Summer graduates' diplomas will be ordered after the last summer term has ended.