Graduation requirements for students seeking a degree or certificate are outlined in UACCB Campus Procedure 570.0 General Requirements for Graduation and include:
- Successfully complete all academic coursework, including mandated developmental coursework, with a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 2.0. Certificate of Proficiency candidates must successfully complete all program requirements with a minimum program GPA of 2.0.
- Successfully complete the required number of credits and specified courses required.
- Establish UACCB Student Residency Status.
- Satisfaction of all financial responsibilities due to the college.
*These credits must be earned as a regular student rather than by test-out or other means of advanced placement.
Students may work with the academic advisor to request the opportunity to graduate under a different catalog dated after their initial enrollment. Students may not graduate under a catalog dated before their initial enrollment.
Application for Graduation
Students requesting consideration for graduation will meet with their advisor to verify all degree requirements are pending completion. Advisors will submit a Degree Audit Evaluation to the Office of the Registrar by the date published in the UACCB Academic Calendar.
It is the responsibility of the student to have submitted transcripts necessary to receive transfer credit and to have completed the process to transcript credit by exam or experience prior to submission of these forms. Through completion of this process, the Office of the Director of Student Information/Registrar is notified of the student’s intent to graduate.
Any Degree Audit Evaluations submitted past the deadline will be processed the following semester. The appropriate award will be prepared once the fulfillment of the graduation requirements is confirmed and all obligations to the college have been completed.
Students who do not complete degree requirements at the end of the semester indicated on the evaluation must have their advisor submit a new evaluation to the Registrar if requirements will be met in future semesters.
There is no graduation application fee.
Graduation with Honors
For the purpose of determining graduation with honors, GPAs will be calculated based on all UACCB coursework. Honor students are recognized at commencement based on cumulative GPA through the fall semester.
Graduation with honors is defined as follows:
- Students achieving a GPA of 3.50 to 3.74 will graduate cum laude;
- Students achieving a GPA of 3.75 to 3.89 will graduate magna cum laude; and
- Students achieving a GPA of 3.90 or above will graduate summa cum laude.
Diplomas are provided to students as outlined in UACCB Operating Procedure 570.2 Preparation and Distribution of Diplomas and Certificates.