UACCB admits students with various levels of academic preparation and diverse goals. In order to make the instructional process as effective as possible, the college has established enrollment categories designed to optimize the educational experience of each student. The enrollment category of each student will be established initially on available information and will be re-evaluated during each registration period based upon the student’s goals, test scores, past performances and academic progress.
Students seeking a degree or certificate will be enrolled unconditionally provided they have submitted the following documentation:
- Official transcripts from previously attended accredited educational institutions, including a high school transcript or its equivalent (GED) and college or university transcripts
- Immunization records showing proof of two (2) measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccinations
- Placement scores (ACT, SAT, ASSET, Accuplacer or COMPASS) that are less than five years old.
- A score of 19 or higher or scores on the ACT, SAT, ASSET. Accuplacer or COMPASS that reflect college-level academic placement.
The following students will be admitted to UACCB on a conditional basis:
- Have not furnished documentation of previous academic work
- Have a cumulative college GPA below 2.0
- Are on academic probation
- Seek admission as a transfer from another institution where they are on academic probation
- Graduated after May 1,1999 with ACT subscores below 19 (or equivalent SAT,ASSET/COMPASS, or Accuplacer scores that reflect deficiencies)
Students who are conditionally admitted and fail to meet the above standards must enroll in the courses necessary for them to be able to meet the requirements for unconditional admission until the requirements have been met.
High School Core Curriculum: Conditional and Unconditional Admission
The purpose of this procedure is to identify the process by which students are admitted on a conditional basis to UACCB. Arkansas Code 6-60-208 requires students graduating after May 1, 2002 to have completed successfully the core curriculum as recommended by the State Board of Education in order to be unconditionally admitted to public colleges and universities in Arkansas.
Students who receive a GED or are graduates of home schooling or private high schools after May 1, 2002, must make a score of 19 on the ACT, or have SAT, ASSET, Accuplacer or COMPASS scores that reflect college level academic placement.
Students who fail to meet the requirements for unconditional admission will be conditionally admitted. UACCB does not admit degree-seeking students in conditional-prep status.
Conditionally admitted students who are enrolling at UACCB seeking an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree must complete 12 hours of core academic courses and any necessary basic skills courses with a 2.0 GPA. These requirements must be met within the first 30 semester hours completed. Students must complete ENG 1103 English Composition I and 9 additional hours.
Conditionally admitted students enrolling at UACCB seeking an Associate of Applied Science degree or Technical Certificate must complete 6 hours of core academic courses and 6 hours of applicable technical courses required for the Technical Certificate or Associate of Applied Science degree and any necessary basic skills courses with a cumulative 2.0 GPA. These requirements must be met within the first 30 semester hours completed.
Students who are conditionally admitted and fail to meet the above standards will have their enrollment limited to only the courses necessary to meet the above requirements until they have been met.