Dropping a Class/Withdrawing from College

To drop one or more classes or completely withdraw from college requires completion of the official Course Drop or Complete Withdrawal Form which can be obtained from the student's advisor or picked up in the Registrar's office. Students may drop courses from their schedule or withdraw from college up to the published date listed in the Academic Calendar. Student's who wish to drop a class or completely withdraw form college are governed by the following campus policies:

  • Courses dropped or a complete withdrawal from college completed prior to the twelfth class day in a regular term or the sixth class day in a summer term will not be recorded on the student's transcript. (In this instance, only the student and advisor need to sign the Course Drop or Complete Withdrawal Form.)
  • A student officially dropping a course or withdrawing from college on or after the twelfth class day through the published date listed in the academic calendar will receive a grade of "W" on their permanent transcript. The Course Drop or Complete Withdrawal Form must be signed by the student, instructor and all other required persons/departments specified on the form.
  • A student will not be officially dropped from a course or withdrawn from college until the completed form has been received in the Registrar's office.
  • A student who stops attending any or all courses without completing the Course Drop or Complete Withdrawal Form will receive a final grade in accordance with the grading terms stated in the course syllabus.
  • A student cannot withdraw from a course in which a final grade has been submitted.
  • When an emergency or other special circumstance makes it impossible for the student to withdraw from college in person, the student may correspond with the Registrar.